Doofus Longears - The game.

Susheel's Blog Headlines

Friday, July 20, 2007

Gameplay and Hardware.

The entire of last week was spent ironing out gameplay issues. Small annoying things that could have just put-off a game player are being addressed. Some bugs also remain. There are a few, and there always are, which have taken a special nagging status. The worst ones are the ones that happen infrequently and I am currently working on exactly such a one, but I think most issues should be resolved soon.

Some adjustments are also being made to the game defaults so it can run on older hardware. How old, that is a question which will be answered when the game is finished :)). I think, the game should run on a FX 5200 (or equivalent) and above. I found that most on-board Intel cards are pathetic, your best bet on them is DirectX, you can forget about OpenGL. Lucky for us the game can run using either API. I am trying my best to support Intel cards, but new issues keep coming up all the time. NVIDIA cards have good support for both DirectX and OpenGL, no problems there. ATI cards can have broken OpenGL support on some models, but good DirectX support all round.

No comments: