Doofus Longears - The game.

Susheel's Blog Headlines

Monday, July 30, 2007

Tweaks plus tune-ups.

An interesting week. I spent most of my time last week tuning the AI system in the game. It isn't ready yet, so the work goes on. Beta 0.0.3 was a feature freeze and I hope to wind down the coding work on the game in a couple of week and aim for a code freeze in about 20 days. We still have to do bulk of the game levels so that will take up some time (even after the freeze).

We still have some issues with ATI h/w and DirectX. I shouldn't even be mentioning OpenGL because ATI OpenGL drivers are written by armatures and are broken in every place. The strange thing is some card models work perfectly and on others the errors are totally bizarre. I am tired of ATI OpenGL combination. So much so, I am officially asking the beta testers not to test with the OpenGL driver on ATI h/w. (Sorry if this sounds like a rant!) Anyways, I hope to solve all pending issues before the code freeze.

Progress has been slow on the beta testing front. One of the testers was preoccupied with some work on other issues not relating to the game. I am sure we will pick up the pace this week. No major issues yet, so that is good news (, or no news) too. Some feedback on the gameplay, but nothing related to crashes and GPFs.

Problems with my site on freehostia continue. Can't do too much about that. Moving the site to a permanent location will probably be done after the code freeze. Probably, maybe before that, lets hope it will be done before that. In the meantime have patience if the current site is down.

No comments: